Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Six Days.....

Holy Moly......

Only six days separate me from being in Honduras--from starting my journey, my year. I cannot believe how fast the time has flown by and I'm sure that this time next year I will be saying the exact same thing. Ever since I found out that I was going to Honduras, its always been so far away in the future..like months or at least weeks away, but now it is mere days away. Whenever big changes happen in my life, I spend the week or two before dreading them. I think of the worst case scenarios for EVERYTHING and the comfort of home and the people I love make the idea of leaving worse and worse. For those of you who know me, you know that I am awful at change.

But this time, I'm owning my weirdness of hating change and there is a definite peace. Since coming home from New York and orientation, I've come to accept that life is changing, but what a wonderful place in my life I am leaving and what excitement awaits me in a country of mystery and simplicity. With a quick, but wonderful weekend to Charlotte, I said goodbyes to the people with whom I have spent the last four years of my life. Some have only just entered my life and others have been there the whole time. Laughs were shared, some tears shed, but I realized once again how truly blessed I am...and how much sadder the weekend would have been if I didn't have so many wonderful people to say goodbye to.

Now I am home. Home sweet home. Spending my last couple of days with my family. Its wonderful. Its bitter sweet. But I'm happy and this is why....

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious--the knowledge of the existence of something unfathomable to us, the manifestation of the most profound reason coupled with the most brilliant beauty."

No comments: